Improve Road Safety with Bluecity Analytics Platform
Improve Road Safety with the Bluecity™ Lidar Sensors and Safety Analytics Platform
A recent study estimated that the global number of cars on the road will nearly double by the year 2040, up to two billion.
A recent study estimated that the global number of cars on the road will nearly double by the year 2040, up to two billion. This increase will not only affect the level of traffic congestion, but more importantly, the number of accidents occurring on the road.
More than half of road traffic fatalities occur among the most vulnerable road users: pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists, and the cost of injuries sustained in accidents are a major burden on healthcare systems. It’s been shown that car crashes cost countries 2%-8% of their gross domestic product.
Detailed data for prevention
The reality is that road crashes can be prevented with better traffic data. Up until recently, the methods used were inductive loops, radar and video cameras, however each had drawbacks.
Many cities have been using inductive loops for traffic management, but the technology is expensive to install and maintain. What’s more, it isn’t able to provide the kind of detailed data that is needed to understand what is going on at an intersection and make meaningful improvements.
Radar and video cameras have been used to obtain the data cities need to improve road safety but each comes with their own set of drawbacks, including cost, data limitations, privacy issues and more.
Lidar and AI for Enhanced Traffic and Safety Analytics
Lidar sensors : GDPR-compliant and reliable in all weather and lighting conditions
- Waterproof casing for reliable 24/7 data collection in any weather or lighting conditions.
- 360-degree coverage so one sensor per intersection is usually enough
- 60-meter radius coverage for vehicles and 40-meter radius for pedestrians
- No collection of private citizen data
- One single wire for power and data
- Easy and inexpensive installation and maintenance
- Embedded NVIDIA GPU and LTE/5G IoT connectivity
- Multimodal – easily distinguishes between vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians.
- Real-time tracking
- Counts of data in aggregate or disaggregate formats
- AI for better visualization and analytics
- Integration into traffic controllers
Bluecity iQ™ analytics platform
- Heatmap to understand most dangerous intersection
- Advanced safety analytics help identify dangerous intersections before accidents occur
- Streaming of critical events
- Dashboards allow selections, filters and download data for improved traffic planning